There was no doubt that Swami Vivekananda was one of the greatest teachers of his era. Today we will discuss some of the Swami Vivekananda quotes on education.
India observes National Youth Day, also known as Yuva Divas, on January 12 each year to mark the anniversary of the birth of Swami Vivekananda. He was a prominent thinker, social reformer, and philosopher. The government observes this day each year with a different educational topic and discusses motivational Swami Vivekananda quotes for youths.
Swami Vivekananda and his Education
Swami Vivekananda received his diploma from Presidency College in Kolkata. In 1885, he finished his Fine Arts degree and earned his Bachelor of Arts. Although being a learned man of the day, his grades did not accurately reflect his intelligence. In his FA and BA exams, Vivekananda reportedly only received 56 out of 100, with a 45 percent grade in psychology.
These statistics reveal a significant viewpoint on schooling. Not that Vivekananda was any less intelligent than anyone else. His exam performance, however, just highlights Swami Vivekananda thoughts on the educational system of the time. After that, Vivekananda expressed his opinion and had a vision for an updated educational system in India. Here are some of Swami Vivekananda quotes on education that demonstrate his forward-thinking outlook for the country even back then.
Various Books by Swami Vivekananda
The holy and sublime soul that is Swami Vivekananda needs no introduction. He is well-known worldwide as a Hindu saint, yoga master, philosopher, educator, author, and inspirational speaker. The list of Swami Vivekananda books is provided below:
- Jnana Yoga: The Yoga of Knowledge
- Karma Yoga: The Yoga of Action
- Raja Yoga: Conquering the Internal Nature
- My Master
- Swami Vivekananda on Himself
- Teachings of Swami Vivekananda
- Meditations and their Methods
- The Master as I Saw Him
Embrace These 10 Swami Vivekananda Quotes on Education to Stay Upbeat and Undefeated
Vivekananda’s well-crafted words were brave enough to rekindle the spirit of Vedic India in the imaginations of Indian youth. Following are the famous Swami Vivekananda quotes:
- Education differs from how much information is filled into your head and allowed to run amok there for the rest of your life.
- The perfection that exists in every person is manifested via education.
- Get up, stay alert, and keep going until you achieve your goal.
- If education and knowledge are interchangeable, then encyclopaedias and libraries are the world’s greatest thinkers.
- I see religion as an essential root of education.
- Education serves as the sole goal of life as a whole. If not, what purpose do people, property, and prosperity serve?
- We want an education that develops character, boosts mental fortitude, broadens the mind, and prepares students to stand on their own two feet.
- Education does not overwhelm the brain with information. The goal of education is to master both the instrument and one’s mind thoroughly.
- The culture and education that are the higher castes’ strengths must be appropriated to level the playing pitch for all castes.
- Education and civilization have yet to become a reality.
Swami Vivekananda quotes on education, spirituality, social justice, and individuality provide some insight into his views on these topics. They continue to motivate people of all ages and walks of life to pursue individual and group development.
Also Read: Exploring Top 10 Powerful Ambedkar Quotes