The Indian government has always been proactive in initiating schemes that benefit the vast population of farmers in the country. One such significant scheme, the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana, was launched in December 2018. Aimed at providing financial assistance to small and marginal farmers, the program has garnered considerable attention and appreciation. In this article, we will delve into the details of the pm kisan samman nidhi Yojana, highlighting its various aspects, facilities, and impact on the Indian agricultural sector.
Objective of the Scheme: PM Kisan Samman Nidhi
The primary objective of the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana is to supplement the financial needs of small and marginal farmers. It aims to ensure they have the necessary resources to procure various inputs related to agriculture and allied activities. By offering financial assistance, the scheme intends to reduce the burden of debt and encourage sustainable agricultural practices. You should know more about PM kisan status.
Under the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana, eligible farmers receive an income support of INR 6,000 per year. This amount is disbursed in three equal installments of INR 2,000 each, transferred directly to the beneficiaries’ bank accounts. The scheme is funded entirely by the Central Government and operates on a 100% sponsorship basis. You should visit PM kisan.gov.in.
pm kisan samman nidhi – Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana, a farmer must meet the following criteria:
- The farmer should be a small or marginal landholder, possessing cultivable land up to 2 hectares.
- Institutional landholders and farmer families with one or more members holding constitutional posts, or current or former government employees, are excluded from the scheme.
- Families with professionals such as doctors, engineers, lawyers, chartered accountants, and architects registered with professional bodies are also ineligible.
- Beneficiaries must have a valid Aadhaar number and bank account.
Farmers can apply for the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana through online or offline modes. The online application can be submitted through the official PM Kisan portal (pmkisan.gov.in), while offline applications can be made at local Common Service Centres (CSCs) or designated government offices.
Monitoring and Implementation
A robust monitoring mechanism is in place to ensure the smooth implementation of the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana. The scheme is implemented on a digital platform, facilitating real-time tracking and monitoring of funds. The use of Aadhaar-enabled Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) minimizes the chances of corruption and ensures that the financial assistance reaches the intended beneficiaries.
Impact on Indian Agriculture
The PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana has had a positive impact on the Indian agricultural sector. The financial assistance provided under the scheme has helped farmers invest in better agricultural practices, resulting in increased productivity and income. Additionally, the scheme has reduced the farmers’ dependency on informal credit sources and has alleviated the burden of debt.
PM Kisan is a Central Sector scheme with 100% funding from Government of India. The fund will be directly transferred to the bank accounts of the beneficiaries.
- PM Kisan is a Central Sector scheme with 100% funding from Government of India.
- It has become operational from 1.12.2018.
- Under the scheme an income support of 6,000/- per year in three equal installments will be provided to all land holding farmer families.
- Definition of family for the scheme is husband, wife and minor children.
- State Government and UT administration will identify the farmer families which are eligible for support as per scheme guidelines.
- The fund will be directly transferred to the bank accounts of the beneficiaries.
- There are various Exclusion Categories for the scheme.
- All Institutional Land holders.
- Farmer families which belong to one or more of the following categories:
- Former and present holders of constitutional posts
- Former and present Ministers/ State Ministers and former/present Members of LokSabha/ RajyaSabha/ State Legislative Assemblies/ State Legislative Councils,former and present Mayors of Municipal Corporations, former and present Chairpersons of District Panchayats.
- All serving or retired officers and employees of Central/ State Government Ministries /Offices/Departments and its field units Central or State PSEs and Attached offices /Autonomous Institutions under Government as well as regular employees of the Local Bodies
(Excluding Multi Tasking Staff /Class IV/Group D employees)
- All superannuated/retired pensioners whose monthly pension is Rs.10,000/-or more
(Excluding Multi Tasking Staff / Class IV/Group D employees) of above category
- All Persons who paid Income Tax in last assessment year
- Professionals like Doctors, Engineers, Lawyers, Chartered Accountants, and Architects registered with Professional bodies and carrying out profession by undertaking practices.
The pm kisan samman nidhi Yojana is a commendable effort by the Indian government to support the backbone of the nation – its farmers. By providing much-needed financial assistance, the scheme has improved the livelihoods of millions of small and marginal farmers across the country. As the government continues to refine and expand the program, it is expected to contribute significantly to the overall growth and development of India’s agricultural sector.