To assist customers in monitoring and controlling the number of mobile connections operating under their name, the Department of Telecommunications (DoT) in India established the TAF COP portal.
Telecom Analytics for Fraud Management and Consumer Protection is referred to as TafCOP. We will describe TafCOP, its significance, and how to utilise the TafCOP gateway in this blog article.
TAFCOP Portal: What Is It?
The Indian government set up the Digital Intelligence Unit as a central agency to investigate fraud connected to telecommunications. It will collaborate with several financial institutions and telecom companies to do this.
Telecom Analytics for Fraud Management and Consumer Protection is a system that exists. The TAF-COP portal was designed to handle complaints regarding unsolicited advertising messages.
TafCOP is a platform that employs telecom analytics to safeguard customers’ interests and identify and stop fraud. Customers may use it to see how many mobile connections are linked to them and take appropriate action if they discover any unauthorised or excessive connections. Under the current DoT requirements, the TAF COP portal further provides SMS notifications to customers who have more than nine mobile connections in their name.
A mobile subscriber may find out how many mobile connections have been made in their name by using the Telecom Analytics for Fraud Management and Consumer Protection (TAFCOP) portal. It also makes it easier to report any mobile connections that the subscriber has yet to use or is unnecessary.
Characteristics of the TAF COP portal
TAFCOP provides various tools, such as the following, to protect and manage mobile connections.
- An SMS will be sent to a mobile customer with more than nine connections. After that, by logging into the portal, they can act.
- Through the TAFCOP site, a person can report suspicious behaviour on their mobile connection. All customers need to do is use the given Ticket ID Ref No to follow the status of their online complaint submission.
- Through the “request status” function, a user may check the status of their requests after logging into the portal. They must give a “Ticket ID Ref No.” to accomplish this.
- Users of mobile devices can choose to ban or deactivate previously issued mobile numbers that are no longer in use.
- Customers may check the amount of active and inactive mobile numbers by visiting the TAFCOP webpage.
How Does the TAFCOP Portal Work?
You must do the following actions to obtain a TAF COP portal login:
- Visit the website at https://tafCOP.sancharsaathi.gov.in/telecomUser/.
- To access the TAFCOP portal site, click the link and input your cell phone number in the field provided.
- Next, fill out the captcha, confirm it, and ask for an OTP.
- You’ll receive an OTP.
- You will get a list of mobile SIM cards connected to your Aadhaar card after entering the OTP.
Is There Any “Report” Button for the TAF COP Portal?
You can click the “Report” button and fill out a form with your information and the cause for reporting if you discover any excessive or unauthorised connections made in your name. Your complaint will get a ticket ID, which you may use to monitor its progress on the website.
Anyone who no longer wants to utilise a connection can request to deactivate it. Simply click the “Deactivate” button and provide their information along with the cause for the deactivation on the form that appears as an SMS confirmation from your provider when the deactivation is complete.
Is It Possible to Reach “TAF COP dgtelecom gov in” from Any Location?
Customers in Andhra Pradesh, Rajasthan, Kerala, Telangana, Ladakh (Leh), Jammu & Kashmir, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Tripura, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Nagaland, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Chandigarh, and Puducherry are the only regions where the TAFCOP consumer portal is now accessible. The DoT intends to expand it to more states and union territories quickly.
For customers looking to monitor and control their mobile connections and protect themselves from identity theft or fraud, TAFCOP is a helpful resource. Customers may easily access and utilise the TAF COP portal site to receive timely notifications and information. TAFCOP is a move toward enhancing security in the telecom industry and empowering customers. You should verify how many connections are active in your name on the this portal if you use a mobile device in India.