On October 11, Prime Minister Narendra Modi officially opened the Mahakal Corridor, which cost ₹856 crore rupees to build in Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh. Here is an overview of the project’s requirements.
What is the Mahakal Corridor?
The Mahakal Maharaj Mandir Parisar Vistar Yojna, a project for the development, beautification, and alleviation of traffic in the area surrounding the Mahakaleshwar temple in the Ujjain district, is concerned with these issues.
Eventually, the plan says that the Ujjain district administration will develop the 47-hectare Mahakaleshwar temple grounds over two phases. There will also be a lake, Rudrasagar Lake, covering 17 hectares. According to the plan, the city’s foot traffic will go from 1.50 lakhs to about 3 lakhs per year due to this initiative.
About Mahakal Temple
The freshly constructed corridor, given the name “Mahakal Lok,” will be dedicated to the country by the prime minister before he arrives at the Mahakal temple, Mahabaleshwar Jyotirlinga, one of the 12 “Jyotirlingas” in the nation, in the evening. PM Modi will participate in a public event at the Kartik Mela Ground.
More on Mahakal Corridor Ujjain
- On Tuesday night, Prime Minister Narendra Modi arrived in Ujjain. He arrived in the city from Indore aboard a helicopter.
- Before launching the monumental project, Narendra Modi performed a puja at the Mahakaleshwar Temple. After that, he will proceed to the corridor’s Nandi Dwar main entrance to officially open it.
- Around the historic Mahakaleshwar Temple, the historic Mahakaleshwar Temple. It is recognized as one of India’s 12 active “jyotirlingas.” Devotees from across the country frequently visit the temple. Nandi Dwar and Pinaki Dwar, two gateways, are built at the beginning of the passageway.
- The “Swayambhu” Shivling, thought to have originated there on its own, resides in the sanctum sanctorum of the Mahakal Temple. To worship Lord Shiva, thousands of devotees come to this location. During Mahashivratri or the Shravan season, there are more visitors.
- A colonnade of 108 decorative pillars will also be part of the newly renovated Mahakal Lok. Sandstone pillars with exquisite carvings make these structures. Murals and gushing fountains are highlights. On a moving panel, up to 50 mural paintings are produced to tell the tales of Lord Shiva from the “Shiv Purana.”
- Kailash Kher performed a special anthem on this occasion in honor of Lord Shiva, known as Mahakal in Ujjain. ‘Jai Shri Mahakal’ was the new anthem denoting the opening of Mahakal Lok, the new corridor.
Lord Shiva is referred to by Mahakaleshwar, which means “Lord of time.” According to Hindu mythology, Lord Brahma built the temple, which is now situated next to the famous Kshipra River. During the inaugural ceremony of the first phase of the Mahakal Corridor development project, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will bring back the glory of Ujjain’s historical past. Once it is fully completed, the project will become one of the country’s most important corridors.
Also Read: Deepavali 2021 – A Festival of Bright Lights