Mithali Raj from India (सबसे ज्यादा रन बनाने वाली महिला खिलाड़ी)
Mithali is an exceptional athlete and an inspiration to cricket enthusiasts worldwide. She made her debut in international cricket in 1999 and has since been a prolific run-scorer (सबसे ज्यादा रन बनाने वाली महिला खिलाड़ी) for the Indian women’s cricket team.
Mithali has broken numerous records throughout her illustrious career and set new sports benchmarks. She became the first woman to score 7,000 runs in One Day Internationals (ODIs) and has held the record for the most runs in women’s ODIs. Her consistency and dedication to the game have made her a true legend in the world of cricket.
About Mithali Raj
Mithali Raj, born on December 3, 1982, in Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India, is a legendary Indian cricketer and the former captain of the Indian women’s national cricket team. Mithali is considered one of the greatest female cricketers of all time due to her remarkable achievements and dedication to the sport.
Early Life: Mithali Dorai Raj was born into a Tamil family with a military background. Her father, Dorai Raj, was an Airman in the Indian Air Force, and her mother, Leela Raj, was a homemaker. Mithali has an elder brother named Mithun Raj. She started playing cricket at age 10 and received her initial training from her father and coach, Jyoti Prasad.
Career: Mithali made her international debut in June 1999 against Ireland in an ODI match, where she scored an unbeaten 114 runs. She made her Test debut in 2001-02 against England. Mithali has been a consistent performer throughout her career and has played in various game formats, including ODIs, Tests, and T20Is.
- Mithali is the highest run-scorer in women’s international cricket, crossing the 10,000-run milestone in March 2021.
- She holds the record for the most runs scored in women’s ODIs, surpassing 7,000 ODI runs.
- Mithali became the first female cricketer to play 200 ODI matches.
- She captained the Indian women’s cricket team from 2005 to 2018 and led the team to the finals of the 2005 and 2017 Women’s Cricket World Cups.
- Mithali is the only female cricketer to score over 50 half-centuries in ODIs.
- She is also the first Indian woman to score a double century in Test cricket, achieving this feat against England in 2002.
Awards and Recognition
Mithali has received several accolades for her contributions to the sport, including:
- Arjuna Award (2003) – A prestigious sports award in India.
- Padma Shri (2015) – The fourth-highest civilian award in India.
- Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award (2021) – The highest sporting honor in India.
Off the field, Mithali has also been a role model and an advocate for women’s cricket in India, inspiring the next generation of female cricketers to pursue their dreams. Despite her success, Mithali remains humble and dedicated to her sport, exemplifying the qualities of a true champion.
In conclusion, the highest run-scoring female cricket player (सबसे ज्यादा रन बनाने वाली महिला खिलाड़ी) in the world, Mithali Raj, has established herself as a trailblazer and an inspiration to aspiring cricketers. Her unwavering dedication, skill, and perseverance have enabled her to break numerous records and set new benchmarks in the sport. As a former captain of the Indian women’s national cricket team, Mithali has played a significant role in promoting and elevating women’s cricket in India and worldwide. Her achievements and accolades are a testament to her talent and commitment to the game. Mithali Raj will undoubtedly be remembered as one of the greatest female cricketers of all time, leaving a lasting legacy for future generations.