To become an expert investor or earn good returns from stocks, having a comprehensive idea of coFornies in different sectors is essential. Especially, you should have some relevant information about the top companies operating in a particular sector of a country. For example, you should know the basics of ease my trip, an online travel service organisation which is currently one of the leading companies in the concerned sector in India.
Who is easemytrip?
easemytrip or Easy Trip Planners Pvt Ltd is an India-based online travel company operating since 2008 after being established by Nishant, Rikant and Prasant Pitti. The company is based in Patparganj Industrial Area in New Delhi and has Nishant Pitti as its CEO. Since its foundation, the company has been a B2B company and entered the B2C segment in 2011.
Significant milestones of easemytrip
- In the year 2012, EaseMyTrip introduced its international flight booking. The company introduced hotels and holiday packages and entered the corporate segment in 2013.
- When the company launched the Android application named EaseMyTrip in 2014-2015, its revenue reached USD 150 million.
- Not only flight booking, but Easy Trip Planners Pvt Ltd also offers train ticket booking to travellers, which started in 2018 as an authauthorisedtner of IRCTC.
- Within the following year, the company expanded its operations to several international markets, including USA, UK, UAE, Singapore, Philippines, and Thailand. The consolidated revenue of EaseMyTrip also reportedly reached INR 59.78 crore.
- In 2020, the company offered its customers an option to book flight tickets via WhatsApp. There is an autonomous interactive program in the WhatsApp feature of the online travel service to guide travellers through an end-to-end process.
- By 2021, the company had emerged as one of the fastest-growing online travel agencies and had multiple significant collaborations. The companies collaborating with b2b easemytrip are OYO Rooms, Yatra and Airbnb, among others. Thus, a Federation in Hospitality, Technology and Tourism Industry was formed.
- To further expand, Easy Trip Planners acquired Real Estate Pvt Ltd, Spree Hotels, and YoloBus.
- Expansion of operations in New Zealand.
Overall, the company has gone far beyond a mere flight booking agency or a travel organiser.
- Easy Trip Planners Pvt Ltd went public as an IPO in March 2021 as nse: easemytrip.
- The market cap for nse: easemytrip crossed $1 billion, and the company became a unicorn.
- On April 19, 2021, the company announced its 1st interim dividend of 100% per equity share face value.
- In November a21, it announced its second interim dividend of 50% per equity share e face value.
- On March 3, 2022, Eay Trip Planners Pvt Ltd issued its first Bonus equity shares in a 1:1 ratio of paid-up equity share capital.
- Then in November 2022, a sub-division of equity shares in a 1:1 ratio of paid-up equity share capital happened.
- The same day marked the second Bonus equity shares, but this time, in a 3:1 ratio of paid-up equity share capital.
To Wrap It Up
easemytrip works as a B2B, B2C and B2E model at present and offers a wide range of smooth and convenient services related to travel. The transparency o ts service has ensured its rapid development and, in turn, its consistent expansion in different countries and sectors. The company’s stock is also lucrative due to its fast growth in revenues and profits.