Rukmini Vaish is the chief executive officer and co-founder of CollarFolk, one of the leading pet-friendly vacation services in India. It provides services like pet food, holiday management, and vet-on-call to needy pet parents. CollarFolk can be depicted as the personal holiday manager for beloved pets, fulfilling all their travel requirements.
Who is Rukmini Vaish?
Rukmini Vaish is a marketing professional and industrialist who has more than twelve years of experience in new product design, branding strategies, hospitality and travel, supply, and B2B sales in customer Internet, FMCG, and Telecommunication corporations.
When did Rukmini Establish CollarFolk?
Rukmini set up CollarFolk in 2015.
What type of Company is CollarFolk?
CollarFolk is a privately-held company.
Where are the Headquarters of CollarFolk located?
The head office of CollarFolk is located in Gurgaon, Haryana.
To which Industry does CollarFolk belong?
CollarFolk belongs to the consumer services industry.
What are the Specialties of the Company?
The specialties of CollarFolk are Pets, Travel, Hotels, Vacations, and Pet Products.
Rukmini has tied up with booking.com to make all the CollarFolk services available online. The consumers can pick their chosen hotel from the directory of properties. The consumers only have to click on “book now” and they will be redirected to the link booking.com for finishing their reservation.
Rukmini has added the following attributes to make it more eye-catching for the customers:
- Water sports
- Speed boating
- In-City Experiences
- THE BROWN BOX CAFÉ – New Delhi
- Gostana – Mumbai
- Spoonful of Sugar – Bengaluru
- Café Soul Garden – Gurgaon
- Café Joshua – Pune
- Tabula Beach Café – New Delhi
- The Hole In The Wall – Bengaluru
How did Rukmini Conceptualize CollarFolk?
Rukmini conceptualized CollarFolk from the requirement of one such option – to go outside town for an enjoyable trip versus living in and spending quality time with your beloved pet. Rukmini resolved that she wished to perform both. Therefore, she packed her bag and set forth on a road tour that is still going on.
Rukmini had a dream to get rid of many such confusing options that baffled consumers. Pet-friendly vacations were just the beginning for her. She has also added a blog section to the official website of CollarFolk that features many themed pet holidays for the readers.
What are the Customized Pet Products Innovated by Rukmini to Add Value to her Company?
The tailor-made pet products innovated by Rukmini Vaish to perform value addition to CollarFolk are:
- Dog leash and treat holder
- Renaissance pet portraits
- Refrigerator magnets
- Food mat
- Wall Art
- Post It
- Car stickers
What is the Academic Background of Rukmini Vaish?
- Delhi Public School – RK Puram
- Delhi University – She attained her Bachelor’s degree in Economics from there (2002–2005)
- Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad – From there, Rukmini did her Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree in Marketing (2006 – 2008)
Which are the Companies that Rukmini Represented?
Rukmini has been a part of the following organizations from time to time.
1) Industry Manager, Google: She has been serving Google as an Industry Manager. It was full-time employment since April 2022 till date. She has been entrusted with the responsibility of looking after the Consumer Technology and Retail operations in India together with big-volume Customer Sales. She is in the position for the last 8 months.
2) Head of Brand & Digital, GROHE: She served as the head of Brand and Digital for GROHE. It was a whole-time position. She worked there from October 2020 to March 2022. During the one year six month stint,
- She worked as the Brand Custodian for American Standard & Grohe in India
- She spearheaded Grohe’s venture in D2C (direct-to-consumer)- an industry-first endeavor
- Supervised formulation and implementation of marketing communiqué throughout means in alignment with innovative and media collaborators
- She set up digital as a means for interaction, a direct sales channel, and lead generation
3) TravelFolk – She acted as the Founder and CEO of TravelFolk from 2018 May to October 2020. She was in this role for two years and six months.
4) CollarFolk – She was the founding partner of this Gurgaon, India-based company. She served the organization from February 2015 to October 2020. She was associated with the company for an extensive term spanning five years and nine months. Serving the New Delhi region and other parts of India, CollarFolk ranks as the biggest innovation and reservation platform in India for pet-friendly vacations. The company functions with more than five hundred associate hotels and retreats in India.
CollarFolk is a trailblazer in pet-friendly tours in the nation that incorporates pet-friendly transit, pet-friendly spots, and co-participations.
5) Akzonobel India Limited (Dulux Paint) – She served as Senior Brand Manager in the company for a period of one year and four months (October 2013 – January 2015).
Earlier, she was a Product Manager and served as a Portfolio & Professional Marketing Specialist for one year and four months (July 2012 – October 2013).
Dulux Weathershield is the principal exterior paint brand launched by Dulux Paints. The high-quality merchandise in the portfolio contributed to developing the brand description of “protection” and generating the share and returns for the undertakings trade.
Rukmini’s role concentrated on Consumer Marketing and New Product Design to render the P&L of the portfolios.
She was also the Manager of the Specifier Program in the same organization. This stint continued for two years and two months (May 2010 – June 2012). Here, she was entrusted with the responsibility of showcasing and blueprinting the Specifier component for Major Accounts throughout specific territories in India.
6) Vodafone India – Rukmini started her professional career with Vodafone India with diverse roles such as Management Trainee, Channel Sales Manager, and Assistant Manager (Prepaid- Usage and Retention). She worked there for a brief period.